Who are we?
We're ALPIMA: a tight-knit and innovative group of engineers, quants and finance professionals on a mission to increase client centricity in investment management. We have built a fast-growing next-generation portfolio construction and analysis platform to help our clients – Banks, Asset Managers, Wealth Managers and other financial firms - build investment strategies with conviction and deliver personalisation at scale. After making waves in the finance world (and having our best year ever!) we're looking to bring on new talent to work on key platform and client projects.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Test Automation Engineer to join our fast-growing, collaborative engineering team as we are rapidly scaling up our platform.
You will provide expertise in system testing complex applications and data flows to ensure data integrity, performant workflows with one objective: to help us deliver operational excellence.
Skills and Experience required
- Test automation experience using tools like
- Selenium WebDriver
- Maven & Cucumber JVM
- Java, Junit & Test-NG
- Allure & Cucumber Reporting Tools.
- Ability to identify test requirements from specifications, user stories and acceptance criteria and be able to write test script to cover test cases
- Experience of writing automated tests to cover defects where such tests do not exist
- RESTful API testing (CRUD) & automation experience
- Solid understanding QA/testing best practices
- Agile software release processes and cycles
- Hands-on functional & exploratory testing
- Knowledge of Jenkins pipelines & modern DevOps & CI/CD practices
- Enthusiasm for learning, reliability, automation, orchestration, and continuous improvement
- Passion for building a high-quality, reliable platform
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; approachable, articulate, confident and open-minded
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational and time management skills
Good to have:
- Knowledge of testing frameworks using Python
- Experience with non-functional testing using JMeter (Performance & Security etc.)
- Knowledge of a static analysis tool like SonarQube
- Finance knowledge (no need to be an expert, but it will help to know some basic concepts and jargon)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing company
- Comprehensive healthcare + dental cover
- Generous training budget and allowance for training days
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Fantastic colleagues: talented, trustworthy, and friendly people to work with
- Excellent work culture: no prizes for staying online till late; we believe responsibility to ourselves, our clients, our stakeholders and to each other is key to building a great, sustainable company
ALPIMA strongly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome everyone to our team.