Who are we?
We're ALPIMA: a tight-knit and innovative group of engineers, quants and finance professionals on a mission to increase client centricity in investment management. We have built a fast-growing next-generation portfolio construction and analysis platform to help our clients – Banks, Asset Managers, Wealth Managers and other financial firms - build investment strategies with conviction and deliver personalisation at scale. After making waves in the finance world (and having our best year ever!) we're looking to bring on new talent to work on key platform and client projects.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced, proactive Test Automation Engineer.
You will be joining an existing team where you will provide expertise in system testing complex applications and data flows to ensure data integrity and performant workflows.
Skills & experience:
- Test automation experience using tools like:
- Selenium WebDriver
- Maven & Cucumber JVM
- Java, Junit & Test-NG
- Allure & Cucumber Reporting Tools.
- RESTful API testing (CRUD) & automation experience
- Identify test requirements from specifications, user stories and acceptance criteria, and be able to write test script to cover test cases
- Write automated tests to cover defects where such tests do not exist
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational and time management skills
- Agile software release processes and cycles
- Hands-on functional & exploratory testing
- Knowledge of Jenkins pipelines & modern DevOps & CI/CD practices
Ideal candidates will have:
- Passion for building a high-quality, reliable platform
- Enthusiasm for learning, reliability, automation, orchestration, and continuous improvement
- Solid understanding QA/testing best practices (3+ years of experience)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; approachable, articulate, confident and open-minded
Good to have:
- Knowledge of testing frameworks using Python
- Experience with non-functional testing using JMeter (Performance & Security etc.)
- Knowledge of a static analysis tool like SonarQube
- Proactive with respect to personal development
- Quality focused & a positive "can do" attitude towards the technical challenges we face
- Finance knowledge (no need to be an expert, but it will help to know some basic concepts and jargon)
What we offer:
- Generous training budget and allowance for training days — ask us for more details!
- Working on complex, high-impact projects
- Fantastic colleagues: talented, trustworthy and friendly people to work with
- Comprehensive healthcare + dental cover
Competitive salary in a fast-growing company
ALPIMA strongly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome everyone to our team.
Get in touch at email@example.com