Who are we?
We're ALPIMA: a tight-knit and innovative group of engineers, quants and finance professionals on a mission to increase client centricity in investment management. We have built a fast-growing next-generation portfolio construction and analysis platform to help our clients – Banks, Asset Managers, Wealth Managers and other financial firms - build investment strategies with conviction and deliver personalisation at scale. After making waves in the finance world (and having our best year ever!) we're looking to bring on new talent to work on key platform and client projects.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with a Backend focus (node.js in particular) to support our Data team.
How do we work?
We run fortnightly sprints, with each engineer estimating the time needed for their tasks. Our project managers trust us to estimate things fairly and deliver good technical solutions; we're not micromanaged. We keep a tight feedback loop and demonstrate whenever we've built something new.
We have standup meetings every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning — we've found it's a good balance between getting work done and keeping up-to-date with our team. We value team contributions and encourage every person to challenge the status quo.
Things you should have:
- Knowledge of Typescript/ES6
- Node.js and Express
- Knowledge of NoSQL DB (ideally MongoDB) and experience in querying data
- Proficiency in data modelling
- Familiar with various data formats (e.g., JSON, CSV and XML) and file processing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience dealing with and designing APIs
- Great communication skills; approachable, articulate, confident and open-minded
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of other languages, such as Python and C#
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with ETL applications
- Knowledge of testing tools
- Finance knowledge (no need to be an expert, but it'll help to know some basic concepts and jargon)
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing company
- Comprehensive healthcare + dental cover
- Generous training budget and allowance for training days
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Fantastic colleagues: talented, trustworthy, and friendly people to work with
- Excellent work culture: no prizes for staying online till late; we believe responsibility to ourselves, our clients, our stakeholders and to each other is key to building a great, sustainable company
ALPIMA strongly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome everyone to our team.