Who are we?
We're ALPIMA: a tight-knit and innovative group of engineers, quants and finance professionals on a mission to increase client centricity in investment management. We have built a fast-growing next-generation portfolio construction and analysis platform to help our clients – Banks, Asset Managers, Wealth Managers and other financial firms - build investment strategies with conviction and deliver personalisation at scale. After making waves in the finance world (and having our best year ever!) we're looking to bring on new talent to work on key platform and client projects.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a platform-focused full stack developer in London or Zurich to ensure scalability, reliability, and robustness of the platform on our journey through a rapid scale-up phase. You will act as the force multiplier for the product teams by applying technical solutions to help us deliver operational excellence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working on features that enable optimal operation of the platform
- Creating internal tools and libraries
- Improving monitoring and observability of the platform
- Rethinking and refactoring components of the existing system for optimal performance and UX
- Pair-programming with software engineers working on client related features
- Work with various software engineering teams on architecture and design of complex systems
Ideal candidates will have:
- Passion for crafting high-quality reliable software
- Enthusiasm for learning, reliability, automation, orchestration, and continuous improvement
- Strong engineering skills (3+ years of experience)
- Deep understanding of software development best practices
- Strong communication skills; approachable, articulate, confident and open-minded
Good to have:
- Experience with TDD
- Experience with AWS (or other cloud providers)
- Finance knowledge or interest in the fintech business domain
- Experience with some of the following technologies: Node.js, React, MongoDB, Grafana
What we offer:
- Generous training budget and allowance for training days — ask us for more details!
- Working on complex, high-impact projects
- Fantastic colleagues: talented, trustworthy and friendly people to work with
- Comprehensive healthcare + dental cover
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing company
ALPIMA strongly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome everyone to our team.
Get in touch at email@example.com