Who are we?
We're ALPIMA: a tight-knit and innovative group of engineers, quants and finance professionals on a mission to increase client centricity in investment management. We have built a fast-growing next-generation portfolio construction and analysis platform to help our clients – Banks, Asset Managers, Wealth Managers, and other financial firms - build investment strategies with conviction and deliver personalisation at scale. After making waves in the finance world (and having our best year ever!) we are looking to bring on new talent to work on key platform and client projects.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a resourceful Lead UX/UI Designer to join our dynamic team and help us shape all visual aspects of our innovative platform in order to maximise its appeal and meet our evolving client requirements. You’ll need to have an obsession with our clients and users, and their experience as you research their problems and needs, and design solutions. You'll need an excellent understanding of great design and experience working across all stages of the product development process. The role requires creative flair and a strong ability to translate various requirements into elegant and practical design.
You’ll be leading the design function and championing a design culture at ALPIMA. As we grow, you’ll grow and lead a design team and implement a design methodology to support the development of exceptional products. You’ll need to be motivated and ambitious – you’ll be given the autonomy to grow your team, define our design system, methodology and processes, as well as helping to shape the way we work and constructively challenge each other.
Key responsibilities will include:
Requiring both technical and creative skills, the role will include:
Designing engaging and responsive design elements for our platform
Employing industry and design best practices
Working with client-facing and engineering teams to incorporate relevant market research and client input into or platform’s evolving design
Working with clients alongside sales and client engagement to understand specific requirements
Liaising with engineers to ensure web and app logic is properly integrated
Ensuring our platform’s function and stability across devices i.e. desktop, mobile, tablet
Things you should have:
- A prototyping, user flow and wireframe design expert - from inception, testing and challenging ideas, through to working closely with engineers to deliver
- Experience designing portals, dashboards and single-page applications for web / tablet / mobile
- Experience designing dynamic data visualisations - e.g. charting and display of data intensive financial data
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross functional teams - as you'll be working closely with colleagues across product, engineering, sales and marketing
- Ability to work autonomously as the sole designer initially
- Resourcefulness, positive attitude and a growth mindset. We need a senior designer but equally importantly we want people who are hands on, happy to dive in to learn new skills and grow
- Knowledge and experience with industry software e.g. Adobe XD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Zeplin, Invision, Axure, Sketch, Figma
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with finance and investment management
- Web development expertise
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing company
- Comprehensive healthcare + dental cover
- Generous training budget and allowance for training days
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Fantastic colleagues: talented, trustworthy, and friendly people to work with
- Excellent work culture: no prizes for staying online till late; we believe responsibility to ourselves, our clients, our stakeholders and to each other is key to building a great, sustainable company
ALPIMA strongly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome everyone to our team.