Who are we?
We're ALPIMA: a tight-knit and innovative group of engineers, quants and finance professionals on a mission to increase client centricity in investment management. We have built a fast-growing next-generation portfolio construction and analysis platform to help our clients – Banks, Asset Managers, Wealth Managers and other financial firms - build investment strategies with conviction and deliver personalisation at scale. After making waves in the finance world (and having our best year ever!) we're looking to bring on new talent to work on key platform and client projects. Your focus will be on software development, and you will help us redesign and improve parts of our existing codebase as well as implement new financial models and client features in addition to entire new modules. We’re fully python 3 and rely on many of the standard frameworks and libraries (including django, celery, numpy, pandas, scipy, cvxpy).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Extending ALPIMA's internal codebase (where appropriate in response to client priorities)
- Improving the structure, design and efficiency of all aspects of our codebase
- To understand and keep up to date with both our product and our client landscape as they evolve
- Develop code in collaboration with clients to prototype and develop solutions for their business needs
Things you should have:
- A history of developing and contributing to large scale software projects (3+ years' experience preferred)
- Strong knowledge of software design principles (particularly OOP)
- Experience writing production grade solutions using python along with the core libraries numpy and pandas (2+ years preferred)
- Ability to identify blockers to project success and find ways to unblock them
- Keen to learn new technologies and push your skills forward
- A focus on crafting the cleanest, most efficient and maintainable code possible
- Great communication skills with an ability to articulate technical details to both peers and non-technical stakeholders
Bonus points for:
- Degree in computer science or other numerate discipline
- Experience with django, celery, and cvxpy
- Some understanding of how financial markets operate
- Some exposure to MongoDB or docker
- Awareness of the AWS ecosystem
What can we offer?
- Comprehensive healthcare + dental cover
- Fantastic colleagues: talented, trustworthy and friendly people to work with
- Generous training budget and allowance for training days — ask us for more details!
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing company.
ALPIMA strongly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome everyone to our team.
Get in touch at email@example.com